Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Sweet Surprise

Yesterday's mail brought a sweet surprise from dear Becky.  She made me the cutest pin pillow. The design is Proud Lil Pumpkin by The Sweetheart Tree.  I just love the button that Becky used in the middle.  I treasure this little token of our friendship.

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a beautiful pair of Dovo scissors on Staci's blog.  I e-mailed her to ask her where she had purchased them.  It is a limited design, but I was able to find a needlepoint shop in the state of Washington that still had a couple pairs of them for sale.  They came in my mail yesterday and I think they are a super addition to my growing collection.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.  Please come back later this week because I'm going to be posting about some beautiful gifts that I received from my dear friend Arcadia in France.  You're going to be wowed by her handiwork :)


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is so very cute. Enjoy hon!

staci said...

I was drooling over on Becky's blog at that lovely pin pillow! And I'm glad you found your scissors! Enjoy your goodies :)

BeckySC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BeckySC said...

OOOH, what great scissors :) I don't have anywhere locally to get scissors either. I wish we had a Joann's so I could get some of the Gingher at the discount prices some people are able to get them :) I too adore scissors :) Your pair is just lovely :)

I am so happy you like the little pin pillow :)

Big hugs :)

Sorry about the deleted posts...typos :)

Julie said...

Isn't that such a cute little pin pillow, how wonderful.

Cindy F. said...

Becky stitches such beautiful goodies!! Love the scissors!

Andrea said...

A beautiful pillow.

Carol said...

What a sweet gift from Becky :-)

Sonda said...

Very lovely pillow. That button is wonderful

Annemarie said...

Ooh, what a lovely ornament from Becky. So delicate and pretty.
Love those scissors too!

Sharon said...

What a lovely little pillow. Very sweet.

Wendy said...

I love the pumpkin pin pillow! What a sweet gift to receive. And congrats on getting a pair of wonderful Dovos to add to your collection.